I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cousins, cousins & more cousins!!!

Just over a week ago Steve, Isabelle and myself hosted our annual family Christmas party, a tradition that my grandparents, great aunts and uncles started years ago, probably before I was born. I have memories of this party going on at my grandparent’s with everyone eating and drinking around huge tables laid out all over the basement. I also just remembered a picture I saw recently of one of these parties where my hair was all crimped and I was wearing this weird winged sweater. Damn 80’s!! Anyways, these days none of us has that much room in our houses for 40 of us to have a sit down dinner, so it has become a potluck where everyone contributes some great dish for us to eat. So this year, on December 3rd all my relatives came over for a huge feast, drinks and an afternoon of catching up on what’s been going on in everyone’s lives. Three babies have been born this year, which has been pretty exciting. Grace, Isabelle and Paige are all (almost) 3 months apart and my cousins Alison and Stacey and I thought it would be fun to dress them up in the same outfits. See, our mothers took ‘classes’ together when we were little and dressed us up in matching outfits. The navy velour track suits are the one’s that I remember the most…and no, you won’t find pictures of that on this blog!!
This party has always meant a lot to me and I love that this tradition still continues every year (we all take turns hosting). For myself in particular Christmas can be difficult since this was the time of year that I lost both my dad and my grandma, but getting together with family, even if it’s just once a year really means a lot to me. I think that all of our grandparents would be proud of us for continuing to have the family Christmas party, and I hope that it continues long enough for Grace, Paige and Isabelle to be hosting a party as well in the future!

p.s. For those friends of mine that seem to think I have a massive family, this party is only my mom’s side. My dad’s side does a summer thing in August.

p.p.s. The pictures posted here are obviously of the ‘triplets’, my cousins...whom all have 2 or 3 kids each, and then all the little kids (Except for Ethan...the poor little guy was home with a cold).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker