I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Here comes Santa Claus...

Today I finally took Isabelle to sit on Santa's lap and have her picture taken. It’s pretty sad, but we’ve been talking about doing this for weeks and haven’t found the time. But with only 4 days left before Christmas, S and I decided that I’d just take her by myself during the day and get it done. (car shopping at night has become way too time consuming)



So although she couldn't quite tell him what she wanted for Christmas, I was extremely happy that she didn't take one look at him and scream like a banshee…(she hadn’t had a nap, so I was expecting at least a few tears). Santa must be very used to little one's being plopped on his lap, seeing his big hairy face, and then losing their minds. But this particular Santa has learned to outsmart the little screamers. When I put Izzie on Santa’s lap, she immediately turned to look up at him and he quickly ducked in behind her where she couldn’t turn around anymore. Ok - that worked. Then she just carried on smiling for the camera as if being in some strange old man’s lap was a pretty normal thing for her. So once Santa’s elves were finished ringing a bell and singing her name to get her attention, she turned the other way to look up at him again…Santa then smiled down at her…and she smiled a HUGE smile right back up at him!! I almost would have rather had a picture of that then the one we ended up getting. It was so sweet and the whole line of people waiting all gave a big “awwww”.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Rob said…

    It looks like Satnat is sitting in someone's ol' basement rec room! Any chance there was a neon "Milwaukee's Best" beer sign just out of frame?

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Um - is that the most REAL looking Santa Claus you have ever seen, or am I just new to this "Santa in the mall" game? Dude looks thousands of years old, quite jolly and that for sure is a real beard...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker