I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

What's new???

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I've really started to feel bad about it since people keep commenting to me on my slacking. We've been kind of busy in the last few weeks, more so than normal and I guess when I've had some spare time it's just slipped my mind to post anything.
See, we finally have a tenant!! Melanie moved in February 1st and is now paying us to live in our house...yahoo!!! For those friends of ours that also have apartments in their house, they know the excitement of having that extra $$$ coming in on a regular basis. Melanie is a young student that also works as a lifeguard at the local highschool. So far she's been extra nice and we think that she'll really be a great tenant. I guess since I'm mentioning the apartment I should also mention how hard Steve worked his butt off to make it happen. I can't tell you how many countless hours he worked down there building an amazing apartment from scratch. There was nothing down there before he started and now it's a pretty nice looking place. I wish we had taken pictures when we had finished it, but we were in such a rush to get it cleaned for Melanie that it slipped our mind. (For those men reading this asking what I did to contribute to the apartment...back off...I did help a little...oh yeah, and I GAVE BIRTH!! Someone has to look after Izzie!!) Anyways, I'm thrilled to finally have my husband back. :)
The other big news is that Izzie is mobile!! She is officially crawling and pulling herself up to standing...which means she's offically dangerous. We now have to actually think before we leave things anywhere. We are lucky to have dogs that don't eat things they aren't suppose to, but that can't be said for a curious little girl that likes to pick up every tiny thing she can get her wee fingers on. But as for her being mobile, it's not as scary as I thought. I think it was more a fear of her growing up and yet another milestone passing us by. She's 8.5 months and it's flown by at a speed I can't quite belive. A friend commented to me a while ago that the almost 10 months of being pregnant seems to crawl by, yet the first months of your child's life is at warp speed. Is it the lack of sleep that makes it all blend together???...because I swear it seems like I just brought her home from the hospital!!
So...swimming lessons, long walks with the dogs, mommie movies, getting together with friends, making birthday cakes, and sharing colds are just some of the other things we've been up to. It seems like there's quite a few cakes coming up which is going to be fun. The most fun I've had making a cake lately was for my brother's birthday...what do you think??? On Groundhog day he turned 28...what an old fart!! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now kelly you're loder then tom so i dont think you should be talking.:D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker