I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Oops, she did it again...


I can't believe that I'm about to write about what I'm going to write about...but of all the crazy things that happen when you have a kid, this just seemed blog worthy to me. Post a comment if I'm wrong. :)

So Friday night I was bathing Izzie, something we do almost every night. She's always loved splashing around in the tub, and now that she's in swimming lessons and Bonnie (her instructor) is encouraging her to splash, it's even more fun for her. She'll sit in the tub long after the water has turned cold, so I've started bringing a magazine in with me and sitting beside the tub and flipping through it once she's started to play. After a minute or two of looking through the magazine I looked up to see her splashing around in much more than just water. Yep, she crapped in the tub!! In a moment of shear panic I screamed for Steve (luckily he was home), he came running up the stairs and screamed, and then we yanked her out of the tub. We were both freaking out...what do we do??? How do we get the poo out? What do we do with all the toys? AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Steve's next comment was "is there something in one of those baby manuals you have that tells you what to do when the baby craps in the tub???"....and yes folks, he was serious.

We were laughing about it all weekend, and after talking to a friend apparently we're lucky this is the first time she's done it. The sad thing is that she did it again tonight. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a regular thing otherwise I'm going on strike and not bathing her anymore. We'll start calling her Pigpen.

(Ok, sorry, this might be too much info for some of you...but wait until you have one of your own little crappers. ;0)

5 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    Ha!! Sounds like you're going to have to keep a closer eye on her and watch for that 'facial expression' change.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Rob said…

    Our mutual friend Mr. Steele has an iguana that does the same thing!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it were as easy as a facial expression...the only thing that would normally tip me off is the stink...which doesn't work under water!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    Hahaha - you brought up memories of when my step-brother did this when I was very young (and in the tub too!) - so if you think it's shocking to see it happen, imagine being in the tub WITH her and seeing it float by...

    TMI? Sorry - but really, who has a story like that?

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Vone said…

    I'm guessing it wasn't a floater. Lilo only did it once - it was a floater - I did the 5 sec rule and scooped it out and we continued on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker