I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Winter Wonderland

First, I should apologise...even though I thought things would have calmed down a bit, I still seem to be too busy to blog until after Izzie is asleep. And even then I'm sometimes too tired to do anything but park myself on the couch. So anyways, sorry I haven't posted lately...

So what have we been up to? Well we just got back yesterday from a fantastic weekend away in cottage country with Rob, Vone and Lilo. I think it was at our annual summer cottage vacation that someone mentioned winter cottaging, and that led to us renting a great place in Burleigh Falls. About an hour and a half outside the city, on what was a much easier drive than we had anticipated with the brutal ice storm that blew through Toronto. The place was much bigger than I had thought...3 bedrooms, gas fireplace, a screened in porch with a hot tub and a bowling alley size kitchen/dining room that had Lilo and Izzie running/crawling all day long. We ventured outside Saturday for a really nice walk in the snow with the 2 kids enjoying their sleds and tried to get them to play in the snow a bit. But with the majority of the snow being hard and crusty it was hard for them to get around. Then it was back inside for nap time (for the kids), a movie and some delicious munchies for the adults.

The weekend overall was one of my fav's...very relaxing yet lots of fun. Uno (which I've never played before), great food, wine and hours in the hot tub...I don't know who had more fun, the kids or adults! I'm still laughing about Lilo zooming Izzie around the place in her high chair and how both of them kept trying to bust into the bedroom to wake Rob. It was just too cute that Izzie would follow Lilo around most of the time, both of them exploring and getting into trouble. It makes me think that our summer vacation this coming year won't be anywhere near relaxing until after 8pm.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Never played UNO before??? Let me tell ya, you haven't truly played until you've had a game with the Emerson/Markham clan! Laurel is GREAT just ask Vone or Rob! :)

    Looks like a terrific weekend. Love the pic of Lilo pushing Izzie. So cool to think that those two will grow up knowing each other right from the very start!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker