
Isabelle started swimming lessons a few weeks back. It's at a place near our house that does lessons one-on-one. I change her into her suit and then pass her off to a swimming instructor and she takes her into the pool. I get to sit in the mommy section and watch her behind mirrored glass so she won't see me and cry (and it's great because the glass muffles most of her screaming!). I had been thinking a while back that I wanted to take her to the Parks & Rec type lessons where I can go in the pool with her. But after talking to a couple of people, and our new tenant Melanie (who's a lifeguard), I found out that they keep the pools quite cold...and not only am I thinking of Izzie, but I hate cold water. How could I put her in cold water when I wouldn't want to be in there myself?? And well, the other reason is that I missed out on registration by about 2 months. So the place where I'm taking her now is close to home (we can walk), she gets private swimming lessons, and best of all the water is 94 degrees most days!!

I took these photo's last week...she was in such a great mood before (she had a little stretch before her lessons and I bribed her with a few rice puffs and Cheerios), and as soon as they put her in the water she started to cry. They tell me this is normal and will stop by the 3rd or 4th lesson. I hope so because I've learned that the crying baby is what most of the mommies chit chat about in the mommy room.
I can't wait until it's some other baby in there crying, and not mine! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home