I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

She's 1!


A lot has been going on in the last few weeks...some sad and some very exciting!! The sad stuff is that on May 14th I had to go back to work (I know - boo hoo). I remember at this time last year thinking that I had all the time in the world and a whole year off seemed like such a long time. But it flew by - warp speed - and I'm really sad that it's over. As much as I like my job, the company and the people I work with, I find myself thinking quite frequently during the day that I'd give it all up in a heartbeat to be able to stay at home with Izzie. I know...it's good for both of us to socialize with other children and adults, but I think that we did a damn good job of being overly social while we were home together. This has been the best year of my life. Being able to be home with Izzie and Steve, it just felt like everything was the way it should be...I'm not afraid to sound all June Cleaver-ish and say that I really enjoy taking care of my family. But reality sucks because we're not rich and I can't stay at home with Izzie right now...I had my pity party....'nuf said. But here are some pictures from our first day...after the tears were wiped away. :)


The second big event that took place this week is that Izzie turned 1 on Sunday!!! (another reminder of how quickly time flies!!) We started the day with a brunch with Izzie's 2 good friends Lilo and Austin, and also Vone, Deb and Grandma. Then after a little shopping (our favorite thing to do!), we went to Michelle's and had dinner and birthday cake. I hadn't planned on giving her cake to eat (I was going to save it until her party), but then thought she might as well have some practice for her birthday party this coming weekend. As you can see she liked the chocolate cake...to eat as well as to wear!! By the end of it her hair was full of chocolate and I even had to pick some of it out of her nose! The big day was finished off with an amazing hour of fireworks at Michelle's. Every year the whole neighbourhood gets together and contributes money to buy the fireworks, and I'm guessing over 100 people get together to watch the fireworks out the front of their house...it was fantastic and a great way to end such a big day. But even with all the excitement and noise (and Izzie's first sugar rush!), not even the fireworks could keep her awake...she was asleep half way through the show!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Meghan Burns said…

    If you look closely at the 3 little hoodlums on the curb you will see all their cigarette butts on the ground, lol

    All the pictures are great!

    Michelle

    PS We enjoyed spending time with Izzie on her 1st birthday and you too Kelly, lol

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Vone said…

    Happy Birthday Izzie!!
    I put the picture of the 3 kids as my desk top - it's so cute, we have to get that picture every year.

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    That's funny, I made it my desktop yesterday too!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger janet said…

    That's one of the cutest pics of a kid with her first bday cake that i've ever seen! Her hair is adorable!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker