I'm Isabelle!!!

A place for friends and family to see what we've been up to...mostly the wee one!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy Beavers!!

Yep, things have been a little busy lately. July has been a complete blur to tell you the truth. I can't believe it's almost August!! As S has said numerous times in the last few days - "where the heck has the summer gone!"

We started off the month camping in Arrowhead Provincial park for the long weekend with great group of friends. As many of you know, S and I LOVE camping...both the car camping and the canoe camping. I find that when you car camp you rarely tend to leave the site except to find a washroom, but it's still a blast. Even when it's rainy and cold all weekend! :)

Here is a picture of Izzie, Lilo, Andrew, Ian (the future boyfriend) and Austin in a rare moment when the sun was shining.

When we got back from Arrowhead, S installed our pool. I'm sad to say that it's not of the inground variety, but it will do until we actually get one (he thinks I'm kidding!). I wasn't sure what Izzie would think since she's used to the 94 degree water that she is in for swimming lessons, but she had a blast running in circles chasing the thermometor around for about an hour.

Then last week we spent our 3rd summer vacation at my friend Dave's cottage with the Emmy's. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. It doesn't matter what the weather is like, we always have a blast and this year the kids were old enough to actually have some fun too. There was a tiny beach for them to play in, and once Izzie got used to the feel of the sand and the cool water she loved it (it's not quite a swimming pool, but splashing in any water is tons of fun!!) I wish we had pictures to share of the cottage, but we forgot our camera and R&V brought theirs with dead batteries (yup, we're all dummies). We managed to steal a couple shots with Wilson the moose with batteries from R's car flashlight on the last day. But I can't tell you how many times the phrase 'wouldn't that make an awesome picture!' was uttered.

Overall July has been a month of highs and lows...one more month of hot summer weather to enjoy. We have many things planned, so we'll make sure to have the camera ready!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Vone said…

    Can't wait for a pool party :)

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If only Andrew had ONE more appendage, then he could've got Austin in a little tighter for the pic :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker